I'm looking for advice 'and input on purchasing a new cordless drill. I currently have older 12 volt DeWalts and I am sick and tired of the batteries not holding a charge. It's infuriating to grab them, and they don't hold a charge for more than 20 minutes. When they're new, they're great, when they get older, it bites.

What is out there? what have you folks had success with? Specifically in regards to battery life.
I'm not looking for a drill "that will get the job done" I'm looking for a drill that will get the job done 5 years from now, in snow, ice and sub-freeing temps. I want a cordless with enough butt to drill metal and dense tropical hardwoods. I don't need a rotary hammer. The battery has to work, be capable of charging, and hold the charge in freezing temps. My DeWalt's seem to always bite the dust in winter.
My corded drills are both Milwuakee's, 1/2" right angle,and 1/2" Hole Shooter. Milwuakee was my first choice in a cordless, until the mechanics at work told me that the new Milwaukee's don't seem to be as good as the older ones.

Any input will be greatly appreciated and there is no $$$ ceiling.

Mike.

PS.
Yep, here we are after a blizzard and I need my cordless drills, which worked last summer,and now they won't.
Can you sense my frustration?