Fairfax and The Frying Pan Park to be exact. Not sure how much free time I'll have available, but are there any woodworking stores in the area? I will be there with my wife and 3 dogs for the Irish Setter Club of America's 2013 National Specialty show. Show grounds at the Frying Pan Park, host hotel is the Hyatt Fair Lakes in or just north of Fairfax. To complicate matters, my wife's aunt and uncle, daughter and grand kids (we've never seen the grand kids), live close, so that will take up some time.
Also, anyone know of a dog park in the area? We will have 3 dogs with us, 2 under the age of 18 months and they will need some free running space if possible. May use the aunt and uncle's place for a couple hours each day.
Also 2, good restaurants in the area. Open to suggestions on just about any type of food, and will have evening meals with friends from around the country, as this is about the only time we get to visit with them. And if you would like to see a bunch of Irish Setters in one place, Saturdays Best of Breed is a sight to behold.
Thanks for any help and insight you can offer. When we went to the national specialty show in 1995, I missed getting to drive down the coast from Jacksonville FL and watching a shuttle launch. I'll never forgive myself for that. Jim.