I'm curious to hear what you all think of Titebond III. I switched to it a while ago due to the advertised claims of longer working times, etc, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it.

I live in the Phoenix area where the temp is over 100 all summer long, so longer working times are a definite plus. But since switching to TB 3, it seems as the difficulty of my glue-ups has actually increased. Specifically, I'm having trouble keeping glued workpieces aligned during clamping. The glue seems to be skinning over very quickly retaining a wet pool of glue underneath that does not so easily "smash" when clamped. This wet pool of glue then allows the glue surfaces to easily slide back and forth across each other during clamping, even with the clamps as perpendicular to the glue surface as reasonably possible. I've been working wood for a long time now, and have never had such difficulty before. The only thing that has changed in my techinque is the glue, although I haven't been in PHX that long, so heat could be at least part of the issue.

Without starting another discussion of "glue creep", which has never been a problem for me, what do you guys think of Titebond III?