Well this sucks, this is the 2nd lens in 3 months that we've broken! The last one was my helper using Acetone to clean it and I'm guessing it was still warm, well I went to use it today and found that he had left the lens caked with residue supposedly from some old Rowmark he was using, so I went to clean it and 1st try only removed a portion of the gunk so I decided to soak it a bit more so put two drops of cleaner on it and about 3 seconds later it cracked, so my question is has anyone had this happen before and if so what should I do to avoid it next time. I suspect that the residue on the lens reacted to the cleaner and contracted causing the lens to crack. I always use the method that Mike McKenzie showed me using the factory lens cleaner and optical cleaning tissues that came with the machine, 1 drop of cleaner on the lens and a very light wipe with the tissue this usually works fine on normal light build-up but for some reason not this time with some heavy build-up so what is the best method for cleaning heavy build-up from plastic residue without cracking the lens? Also, who has the best price on lenses? Last time I went through LaserBits but then I found out they were more than the OG factory lens.
Thanks,
Paul