Final days on an offer from Woodcraft so I had better decide. Thought it best to get some info from you with experience with this particular bandsaw - please.

Here is the offer -
Laguna 14" Bandsaw, 3 HP Leeson Motor LT14 SUV

Item #848258
FREE 1" Resaw King Blade - $216 Value (848264) With Purchase of the Laguna 14" Bandsaw Now Through May 31, 2013

$1,595.00

I have researched my 14" bandsaw options pretty thoroughly and am back to spending the extra money and skip over the Rikon or the Grizzly. I really think I will get more satisfaction with this better powered saw among other things in its favor. No I cannot afford or wish to afford, or need more than the 14". Also, I am not a machine rebuilding kind of guy so don't want to risk a $ grand on a used saw. I'd rather be woodworking than fabricating or searching for replacement parts.

Having said all that here are some petty but important (to me) questions:

First off what is the verdict - can the 14" SUV handle the 1" Resaw King?

2) Am I likely to get the best deal on a new saw calling Laguna directly and asking for a package deal?

3) Is this thing shipped as one 6' tall crate or do they break it down into manageable boxes?

3a) Can it be off loaded without a tail gate lift or a forklift?

4) Is there a very good and less expensive mobile base option than the Laguna at $ 175.00?

5) Any words of encouragement? Cautionary tales?

Thanks very much for any feedback.