Hello all,

I have a rather large file- compared to the small things I normally engrave- that I'm trying to raster. I am using a RedSail X500 with LaserCut 5.3.

The image is about 3/4 the size of the table; around 12" wide and 10" tall. My problem is that it lasers about 75-80% and freezes for about 10 seconds, then continues on like nothing happened- the problem is, when it continues on, it shoots over to the left, slams into the rail and continues on about 3" to the left of where it should be!

I have tried this 4 times with the same result in the same place. 400 speed, 300 speed, bidirectional, unidirectional... nothing fixes the issue. This is getting pretty annoying and time consuming- in bidir mode, it still takes about 24 minutes at 400 speed to get to the place it freezes up.

I have tried reinstalling the software, reuploading the config file to the laser, making a whole new engraving file- nothing is fixing the problem. I am thinking it's a buffering issue with the controller, like it's not erasing and rewriting properly, causing it to overrun and freeze up while the controller releases and rewrites to the buffer.

Any ideas? I really need to get this job out and I've been dealing with it for a couple days now.

Thank you!

-Michael

Edit- the file size that's being sent to the laser is 5.3MB