Thread: Nice "RETIREMENT" project!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice "RETIREMENT" project!!!

As some of may know I retired in February of this year and was excited that now I can spend some time in the shop. Well, right before after I retired I was contacted by a company that I had done some pens for last year, 100 pens, and they wanted to know if I could make some more pens for them. I said sure, when did they need them and how many were they talking about. They told me they would get back with me in a couple of days. Well a couple of days later I get an e-mail with the details, they wanted another 100 pens with their name engraved on them. About five minutes later I get another e-mail telling me they made a mistake in the previous e-mail, that they wanted 1000 pens and they wanted them for November. Needless to say, I was dumbfounded, I could not believe my luck. This was a "THE" pen order of a lifetime in my opinion. Well, when it was all said and done, the order grew to 1500 pens with their name engraved on them. I just completed the last of the pens last week and got them all assembled, put in velvet pen sleeves and boxed up to be delivered to the company. I want to give a big "THANKS" to Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods for his help and support in this project, I don't think I could have got it done without him. He went way above what he need to do to make this order possible.

I have included what 1500 pens look like, sorry for the quality of the pictures, it's hard to photograph that many pens.

As a side note, I got a call from the company about the possibility of another pen order!!!!

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Attached Images Attached Images