I don't have pics yet............[I will have to try to catch this culprit in the act, if I can!] but I have this ground hog that has taken up residence underneath my shop building. I noticed that when I have been turning on the lathe, that I hear thumps, bumps and such going on at times........then, yesterday morning I saw the booger scampering from my back door right by my pile of turning wood, and underneath the shop.

Last evening I saw it again......this time he ran right underneath my shop right beside a large piece of walnut crotch that I am saving for a platter. This morning behind the shop, there he was again .....this time raiding my neighbors garden right behind my shop.......

Any ideas on how to rid my shop of this "guest?" Will he do damage to the shop building or is he just an opportunist, looking for the freebies from both my neighbors gardens and happens to like the security of being underneath the shop when he is not raiding the gardens?

I wonder if what he really wants is some turning lessons? Maybe a woodchuck [garden salad] bowl?