Hi, I am refinishing an old radio cabinet and am looking for advice. The radio has long since been removed and I will be using it as bar/liquor cabinet. My best guess is that it is from the 40's and looks to be mahogany veneered. It is very cool but has seen better days. I purchased it from an antique dealer who was cleaning out his garage and I only paid $10 for it. I am not concerned about destroying its antique value since it is in such bad shape and paid virtually nothing for it. It has water damage (white spots that look like big rain drops on it). And some of the finish looks likes its peeled off... I definitely think it needs to be stripped. None of the veneer is missing although it is lifting in some areas on the top.

I'd like to start work on it this weekend, its been sitting in my garage all summer. I appreciate any advice or tips I can get from you all (best methods on stripping the finish, sanding, etc.) What type of mahogany stain and topcoat? What is the best gluing method for the lifting veneer?

Thanks! patty