Thread: Workshop layouts...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Workshop layouts...

Hey guys!!!

I have a general idea as to how I think my shop would be best setup for the types of projects I'm doing and will soon be doing. However, I'd like to see some shop layouts from some others here on the forum. I have two large table saws, two BS's (14"-18"), two drum sanders (16"-18"... The 18" is the WM-718), 8" jointer, 6"-12" b/d sander, CNC mill, OSS, drill press.

I've decided to nest my 8" jointer on the right side of my 10" Steel City TS. I think this will work nicely with my work flow. I'm undecided as to where I would put the WM-718 in relation to the jointer. As well as the 16-32 drum sander. I'm thinking of nesting the two together side by side but flipped in/out out/in feeds. But where to put them.

I have a very large scissor lift in my shop that I'm working around for now until some construction is done next door. It's hard for me to start visualizing the space being open and useable.

Anyway, I just found out about Grizzly's shop layout tool. I'm going to run through that right now.

So I'm open to layout tips and tricks and the like. Pics and floor plans are best of course. Small, medium, and large shops are all welcome. There's something to learn from every woodworker I believe.

I'll upload a pretty crappy SketchUp (2D) drawing and start on a 3D drawing.

Thanx guys!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael Dunn; 09-24-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!