I guess this is a confession of sorts, considering the nicer/better tools that many of us have.

But I was just wondering...has anyone else here stooped this low?

All jesting aside, I really like my Shopsmith for drilling and horizontal boring. ESPECIALLY for horizontal boring. The table saw function scares me, and I have never used it and probably never will. But given the price one can find these things for sale on Craigslist it is hard to imagine not wanting the Shopsmith as a boring and drilling machine. As well as a portable work support, since the tables are adjustable vertically and the casters make moving the machine easy.

Well...actually I guess I have three of them. The newest I bought for $200 but a bandsaw came with it. The oldest I bought 30 years ago and it is on permanent loan to my son in law. And the most recent I bought to use at the house next door that I bought to renovate...that was $120...but came with a lot of small accessories but no additional power tools.

So C'mon... any other Shopsmith fans visit here? I can't be the only one! (would never buy one for the list price though...)

Bill