This project got started about 2 months ago when I went to a local custom home builder and picked up 200-ish bf of Walnut.

Below is a poor screen shot of my design for the crib, a pseudo A&C style with pointers taken from other designs I have seen. I have it all laid out in CAD with all joinery, makes working and layout very straightforward. The Crib also will convert into a Toddler Bed and Full-size bed, being loosely based on the Wood magazine plans.

I started by gluing up the legs with 3 laminations of 3/4"+ walnut, unfortunately I couldn't find any thicker stock to make the legs out of a single piece.

And the glue-ups, I need 6 legs, 4 for the Crib and 2 for the Toddler bed.

That is as far as I got with the legs, they are now waiting for final jointing/planing/dimensioning as I got started with the Sides.

The sides are made up with 7/8" bottom and top rails, 5/8" slats and a 3/4" cap.

First started with getting all the lumber ready. For the slats I got some of this walnut that is 7 3/4" by 3/4" thick that I am ripping down the glue seam in the middle to end up with 2 2" wide slats. Some of it had water/fire damage from the shipping department fire that it was in, but it hasn't given me any issues thus far.

I got to use the new Crosscut sled I built, square to within 0.0000125"/inch of cut, not too shabby...

Everything laid out to see what it would look like. The walnut is both kiln and air dried, so I decided to use this as a design element. The red, air dried material will be the rails and the kiln dried, drab grey, will be the majority of the slats.

Laying out the M&T joinery with my PM10 and 1172 jg on my PM66.

Ben