People have raised this "issue" in past threads, I'm simply looking for solutions (jigs, OEM) that people may be using or have developed. On my saw, when I rip or square-up high aspect ratio pieces (long and narrow) it can be challenging to get parallel sides. Yes I could switch to the rip fence, but then I'd be removing that for every new wider panel. What I currently do is simply calculate all my cuts on a job, and transfer the "parallel" markings to a piece of tape near the handle of the carriage. It would be great to have another short fence just below the carriage height with a flip stop for the same - but more exacting and convenient - purpose.

The photo illustrates this condition with a piece of plywood (outlined with magenta line) set on the sliding table in a position as though ready to cut. Note the far end is nestled up against the stop .. which is too narrow to confidently define a square reference. If I wanted to rip this accurately, I would need to measure both ends from a reference point to get a consistent rip - moving the free end either to the right or left (as the magenta arrow shows) to achieve that parallel cut.

Thanks for your ideas!

Guards removed for illustrative purposes only.

PanelSaw.jpg