A few turnings from a walnut log I got last spring. These are all finished with Danish oil and Beall buffed but not waxed. This bowl was the first rough out that I made. I sealed it with Anchorseal with hopes of keeping the knot from cracking. The bowl is 11' x 5".

walnut3783.jpgwalnut3788.jpgwalnut3795.jpg

I made these candle holders form a request from a friend for a gift for his daughter. He didn't have a style in mind, just said he liked the creativity of the things I made. It took several tries to come up with something that I liked and about 5 times longer to make another one identical. It was a challenge but very rewarding experience. That is good because my wife and my mom would like a similar set. They would probably go well with the salad bowl. They are about 12" tall with ebony candle cups and quilted maple bases.

DSC_3735wr.jpgDSC_3724wr.jpg

This vase stretched the capabilities of my hollowing tools at a depth of almost 15", it is 16" x 5" and was supported with a Oneway steady rest. I had to slightly modify the design to make that work. However, it convinced me to invest in a Carter multirest, I'm am anxiously waiting the arrival sometime next week!

vase3695wr.jpg

Thanks for looking!
C&C welcome.