I, um, I don't know what I was thinking. I was looking for something else on that auction site, and this showed up on the recommended items based on what I was looking at. I had a little bourbon in me, and it was one of those things listed for next to nothing, so I through in a bid, not really thinking I'd get it. Well, I did. I have no idea if I payed too much, but it was less than I'd pay for a name brand replacement iron or a block plane. If nothing else it'll be fun to play with, but I have a nagging feeling it'll be sitting in the tool cabinet for a while before I get to monkeying with it.

I literally haven't done anything with it other than take the iron in and out and chamfer a few edges, take a few strokes. The blade isn't what I'd call "sharp", but it's not crazy dull like some used things I've thrown money at.

I'm actually a little nervous, because just in using it to play around with a hair, something about this eastern plane just feels, dare I say, right? Obviously, the proof is in the actually getting it going and using it for something real for some length.

I doubt it's anything special, but I really have no idea.