Because we have good credit (both of us score over 800 on one site, close to 800 on the other) it is easy to borrow more money for a vehicle than it is worth. We were a little upside down on our Vue which turned out to be a lemon and the way it ran was coming up to a couple more expensive repair bills. I kind of assumed we would just have to keep driving it until it was paid off, or close to paid off. This turned out not to be true because of our good credit. We bought a 2008 Mazda 5 yesterday without really knowing anything about it, just assuming it will require less than $1000 a year of repairs.

A friend of mine subscribes to the Consumer Reports magazine. I see for $30 a year you can subscribe to their online reviews. This seems like it would be worth it. Do those of you who have experience with Conumer Reports find it worth the money? They also have a $6.95 monthly but that does not seem economical. It is a little late for this car, although if CR says it is complete junk I am sure I could still return it on Monday.