Hi all! I am so frustrated. I have ruined about $100 worth of Granite tiles this weekend and I'm ready to scream. I had done some beautiful granite engravings over the past month or so but the latest few are killing me. I am processing the photos the same way and have used settings recommended by the machine manufacturer AND the tile supplier. NONE of them came out...AT ALL. I used the settings I used on my GOOD tiles done previously and even they looked horrible!!! What the heck am I doing wrong???? I can't afford to throw anymore money away on tiles!!

The latest picture I have tried has some extreme white and some shadows. It's a picture with the sun shining on 4 dogs from the side so there is real bright, and shadows.

Since I have ruined my last tile I went back into the picture and did some brightness adjustments and shadow and highlight adjustments. If it were to be printed as a color picture it would be horrible but since it's going to be engraved, the color doesn't matter.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions??? Will you share settings you use on black granite???

Thanks everyone!!
Jodi Sands