Thread: Combined Mode Failure

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Combined Mode Failure

I am trying to engrave/cut a file consisting of two parts on my Epilog Mini 24. (For those of you keeping score, this is the same file that I was trying to get to work with color mapping.) The first part is a combination of raster engraving, and vector engraved outlines. The second part is vector cutting of game tiles engraved by the first file. I am having a problem with the first file. The engraving looks perfect, but the vector outlines are offset from the engraved areas. The outlines offset randomly in the x and y directions, and they do not offset consistently from job to job.

I have attached a picture of two failed attempts at the same file. The file was not altered between runs, but the laser was rebooted. As you can see, the outlines surrounding the boat and text are offset in different directions between runs. The dark line on the right tile is a failed attempt at running the second file (vector cutting) on the first failed engraving attempt. As you can see, the cutting file is even farther offset despite the "reset" button being pressed between runs. Before attempting this file, I ran a job consisting of only one game tile, and the outlines matched the engraving perfectly. I would really like a solution before I try to run another full job because the engraving alone takes over 40 minutes. I've sent this same problem to Epilog tech support, but I figured I'd get the SMC'rs working on it too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GWeike LG500, 60W
    Epilog Mini 24, 40W