I recently took over a shop with a 2002 Unisaw. The saw had been running great until a couple of weeks ago when it started having problems starting. Sometimes it starts great, sometimes it kind of grinds and shakes a bit then finally gets going, sometimes it won't start at all, it just hums.

After doing some research and talking to delta I decided it might be a capacitor, so I took the motor into my local shop. They said everything looks great and charged me 80 bucks. I bring the motor back to the shop, hook it up, same problem as before. Now I'm thinking it might be the switch. So I take the switch cover off and try to start it up, when I press go, there are some blue sparks inside the switch as it tries to start. After a couple attempts everything clicks and the motor starts running. I took a video but can't figure out how to upload it.

So assuming it is the switch here is my question, right now the saw is plugged into a floor outlet that reads 250V, 30A. The output from the switch is 230V. The motor is 230v, 12.4 amp, 3hp, single phase. Will a simple switch like this http://www.grizzly.com/products/Sing...110-230V/D4157 work? Could the fact that the outlet is 250 be a problem?