Quote Originally Posted by Don Morris View Post
Ya know...after reading good and bad about several of the brands mentioned, I'm reminded of something I concluded after researching coffee makers by studying the feedback comments on several sites. When you read multiple feedbacks, there are no perfect machines. Someone will have one that has problems and someone will have one that is perfect. It makes making a decision based on feedback often difficult. Better than no feedback, but still sometimes difficult to pull out your hard earned coins and feel there will never be a problem. At least you know you might get one of the perfect ones. With my luck however........
I've been looking at dishwashers recently even though I probably won't buy one for a while. After reading consumer reviews online I'm almost thinking a cabinet where the dishwasher opening is might be a better investment. I was reading the consumer reviews of dishwashers at Consumerreports.org and even the highest rated dishwashers are universally panned by consumers. The reviews have five to ten negative reviews for every positive review. It isn't just someone giving a negative review because they didn't like the arrangement of the racks or something. The complaints are mainly they don't wash well, or the units have required many service calls and a number of complaints about leaking units, often multiple times.

I don't know if it is just people with good experiences don't post reviews, or if there really fundamental problems with most new dishwashers due to new energy saving requirements.