I resawed some cherry for drawer fronts, applied to plywood boxes. Finished thickness is something between 3/8 and 1/2, two pieces bookmatched to arrive at the 7-3/4 and 10-1/2" widths. I then brad-nailed these to the plywood boxes from the inside. And I didn't skimp on the brads. Couple days later, three or four of the nine fronts have opened at the glueline (plastic resin). I'm not a student of wood movement...but I wouldn't have expected a problem with this...and I assume that's exactly what I have. Is it the brads that did me in?

For what it's worth, the wood had sat around the shop for a couple weeks, resawed beautifully, sat and stayed perfectly flat for two days before I glued them together, looked wonderful after the drum sander, and looked fine yesterday when I went brad happy.

This is more irritating (and embarassing!) than anything else, because the drawers are for a built-in dresser and nobody will ever see them but LOML...but I'd rather not repeat the boo-boo if I can help it.

BTW, I'll prolly never find any more cherry as nice as this...and it'll be hidden in a dark corner of the bedroom.

Many thanks...it's been a long time since I worked with 'real' wood.

KC