Thread: How best to spend $$$ at Menard's.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How best to spend $$$ at Menard's.

About a year ago, I purchased a Bostitch flooring nailer from a local Menard's store. I purchased it because my bride and I were planning to build a new home in which I intended to hardwood floors. Those plans have been postponed due to employment issues.

Over the weekend, I returned the unopened nailer. I was given an in-store credit in accordance with their return policy.

Here's the issue... As a woodworker, Menard's is not my favorite place to shop for tools and material. However, people continue to give me gift cards for my birthday, Christmas or as a thank you for helping them with a home project. I am certain they are well-intentioned and have the idea that I will make good use of them. I'm not trying to "look a gift horse in the mouth" but as I stated, Menard's isn't my favorite. Besides, isn't using a gift card to buy a new wax-ring for the toilet or weed killer like getting those things for your birthday? What crappy gifts! What are these people thinking?!? Who gives someone driveway sealer for Christmas?

Anyway, I originally used a collection of gift cards to buy the nailer. Since then, I have recieved about $75 in additional gift cards which remain unused. The nailer got me another $470 credit for a grand total of $545.00 in Menard's Mad Money. I'm am at a loss as to how to spend it so I'm seeking suggestions.

I don't really "need" anything. If they carried Bessey clamps, shaper tooling, Forrest or Freud saw blades, etc., I wouldn't need help. Unfortunately, they don't carry the brands we typically hold in high regard. This is primarily why it's not my favorite place to shop. What would you do?
    Last edited by Kevin Post; 11-07-2005 at 2:29 PM.
    "He who dies with the most toys is none the less dead."