Thread: Need advice for engraving turned wooden pen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Need advice for engraving turned wooden pen

I am researching a project I am thinking of doing and I need a little advice. I just returned from my high school 45th class reunion (which was great!) and the call went out for much better door prize donations for the 50th. (You may have seen my other thread abut it) It was suggested that I turn some pens for this project and engrave them with stuff about the 50th reunion. I have 2 obstacles to the plan. 1) I have never turned a pen and 2) I know nothing about engraving. However, I believe these 2 problems can be a learning experience rather than a roadblock. I think I have a path plan for the pen turning, so now I am "turning" my attention to the engraving.
    My feeling is that adding text and possibly a simple logo design to the body of these pens is a simple task for someone with the right equipment and skills. Is this true? And what kind of cost is involved in getting this done? My budget is somewhat limited, as these will be at my expense and donated.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 06-22-2015 at 2:17 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.