I have been spraying some projects over the last couple of years without good results but really ran into a problem today that puzzles me. I am spraying some bed parts with EM6500 in white, using my Earlex 5500. I needed to thin about 10% with water to get it to spray nicely and have done so in the past. But today I get some paint pieces/splatters that start after I have sprayed a couple of parts and then build up and get stronger (see pics -- I put a flashlight close to get some glancing light).

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

At first I thought I had some contamination in the paint so I strained it again, cleaned the gun and started over. Same result. Did it all over using a really fine coffee filter, same result. Cleaned everything and started over with fresh paint, strained it, thinned it and got started. First board fine, then again the same contamination. I am spraying in the open garage with a self made spray booth, and it is warm today (82) and a little humid but nothing unusual for Missouri (I had the same conditions last weekend without running into the same problems). What should I check, any advice?