I recently acquired some machines and sold some machines and I'm re-organizing my shop. I have a large area in an old barn, but it is interrupted by a couple posts. The machine area is roughly 35' x 35'. In addition to the saws described below, I have a couple band saws, a couple jointers (including a 16"), belt/disc sander. Smaller stuff is in another room.

I am visualizing my dream table saw cluster. I have all the machines. No, I'm not wealthy- I just stumble into fantastic deals on machines (google "law of attraction")

1. SCMI sliding table saw - 4' travel on the slider, 16" blade, long fence rails, riving knife, optional scoring blade
- this saw is set up and running and is the size of a football field

2. SawStop industrial cabinet saw (the original model)
- I have the long fence rails

3. Powermatic 66 - long rails for original powermatic fence, 2 extra wide cast iron wings
- this saw needs some restoration and TLC (cleanup, paint, bearings), but it is basically sound

I have in mind a number of projects involving sheet goods but I want to make a wide variety of things. Obviously the SCMI is the sheet goods machine. My thinking is that I'll have the SawStop facing it with a shop built table between the 2 machines to act as outfeed.

I'm considering setting up the PM66 as a thrid machine- likely dedicated to dado work. I plan to make guitar amps and speaker cabinets and plan on a lot of finger joints. It would be really cool to have a machine dedicated to that. I'm trying to determine an optimal location for the PM66. I'm thinking that I'll mostly be doing short stuff and won't need a long outfeed. I may even not put on both wings, and go for a shorter PM fence rail. Dunno.

Just thinking out loud here- looking for opinions, ideas for configuring multiple machines like this.
Cheers-
Lynn Kasdorf