Thread: Layer alignment problem when doing multiples with Chinese laser w/laserworks.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Layer alignment problem when doing multiples with Chinese laser w/laserworks.

• I'm having a problem with layer alignment... I'm using laserworks. RDcam2 I think. I never have a problem if just doing one item with multiple layers, but if I'm doing many, the further I get from the original, the bottom layers start getting offset a little to the side..the greater number of copies, and the further from the original...the more offset. It doesn't matter where on the bed I begin.. .the laser is aligned, just did that yesterday. Sometimes I can do just 4 pieces and get by, but any more and the offset is just too great. I usually have a final layer that's a cut, so it cuts out areas that shouldn't be cut, and leaves areas that should. This really cuts into my productivity if I have to sit there and do pieces one at a time. I'm wondering if there is some setting in the software that will fix this...the book, translated from Chinese into....gibberish, doesn't help at all with this. Please advise OH Master Laser Gurus.
    • OH, ALSO, I have the raster layers set to Independent output...if I don't select this option and do it as a single graphic, the alignment problem is mostly gone, BUT the image quality becomes Pixelated... So maybe is there a solution to this pixelated problem. Either way, (independent or as one piece) if I just do one single one, it's fine...the problem is with multiples.
    Last edited by Jeffrey Michael Wilson; 08-24-2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: additions in information