I bought a pair of attic fans (one roof, one gable) with the thought of having the gable fan suck in air from outside to replace the air exhausted by the roof fan (soffit vents are inaccessible with shingles in place and were covered with insulation by previous home owner). Spoke to fan manufacturer about doing this and he approved of the idea. Suggested I simply mount the gable fan backward to have it pull air into the attic. That is a challenging solution as it means either mounting the fan outside the house (ugly) or building a lot of carpentry inside the attic where it is hot.

Looking at the fan motor, it is 115V 1 phase but reversible depending on how external wires are connected. Before I actually try that however (bit of work as fan company made permanent connections, not nice wire nuts), I would like to ask if reversing the motor rotation will make the fan move air in the opposite direction given the fan blade I have. It has 4 sheet metal blades, mounted at close to 45 degrees from the plane of rotation. They are nearly flat, but not quite, with the slightest bend in the center (they present an slight convex surface to the incoming air and concave to the exiting air).

Thanks.