Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
Not really, if there had been an announcement in the Journal Of Optical Physics or from MIT etc then I'd be interested. There was a massive outcry a couple of years ago when MIT announced they had produced a beam of a narrower diameter than the wavelength produced. As evolution it was like hearing about man's first powered flight or the moon missions first landing.
Given that nothing in the scientific community has suddenly caused such an outcry or has people like Sam Goldwasser or Shaol Ezikiel all in a huffle then there's a pretty good chance it's just hype

The statement "the TEM00 tube", Transverse Mode is a description of a wavefront, not a type of tube, when this revolutionary company who is going to spell the end of expensive lasers cannot even get the use of it's technical claims correct I don't think I'll be asking them pretty much anything anytime soon

It's akin to saying "We have designed quantum dinosaurs" (because the word quantum sounds all science like and most people don't realise it's actually a theory of sub atomic physics and nothing more)
Fair enough.