Thread: Upadate Zack's Lumber Rack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update Zack's Lumber Rack

My helper, Bobby , and I worked on the Lumber Rack all day on Saturday. My legs felt like noodles from climbing the ladder. We finished the plywood storage but we need something. I put a plywood floor in it and wanted to put 1/4" masonite over it to help the plywood slide. I did not have any masonite and it was raining. We put 8 heavy sheets of plywood in the rack and they don't slide easily. <p>
    Question?? Will heavy plywood slide in and out any easier on Masonite? I don't want to empty this bin if it will not improve things. <p>
    We built a shelf unit behind the plywood bin. The shelves are all 3/4" Cabinet grade plywood on a 2" X 4" cantilevered frame. I'm using reclaimed pine to face all the shelves. I'm going to go ahead and shellac the shelves and facings and put on some wipe on poly. I had to epoxy a bunch of bug and nail holes in the facings so I can't finish the shelves today. This unit is primarily storage. I may use the counter for a coffee pot but I'm really not all that concerned about the finish. After all, the rest of the lumber rack is unfinished 2" X 4" framing lumber. <p>
    I'm trying to resist the temptation to build a lot of unfinished cabinets in the main shop area. I have already started covering about 70' of wall space with shellaced and varnished plywood. I have plans to put an 8' Coca-Cola sign on the wall and build finished cabinets. Oh well.... Time will tell.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dr. Zack Jennings; 02-24-2003 at 12:57 PM.
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond