Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
I have an old craftsman radial arm saw and I am in the process of trueing it up and I have done everthing the manual says,,but my problem is that then it cuts,,it actually goes thru the wood at a angle,,the blade actually pushes the wood back,,the manual says to move the rail system unloosten a bolt on the bach so you can move it right or left,,i have tried this and cant seem to get it to move,,i know its old and but can anyone tell me how to set the rail ,,or move the rail,,,,i hate to get rid of it,,,but I really would like to have it cutting square,,i did everything the manual says and layed a square on the table to make sure the blade runs true from the back to the front and it does,,but I still have the same trouble when I start it,,the blade goes thru at a angle and pushes the wood to the left,,i even changed blades but still no luck,,,,

The bolts on the back hold the fence and rear boards which are essentially cleats in place, not the front table, which is what must be squared to the carriage's travel. You have to loosen the 6 bolts that hold the front table to the frame, they should be on slotted holes, then you tap the front table into square, tighten the hold down bolts, then reinstall the fence and rear boards. Thats the way I'm reading the manual I found on line. Similar to older delta models Ive set up, simple but should work. Those wing bolts on the rear are NOT the squaring mechanism, its the whole front table that must be adjusted. This whole thing assumes that the front board on your saw has a straight rear edge to reference, if yours does not have a straight rear edge, make it straight.