Thread: G0766 - Sounds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. I have owned the 766 now for a few months and have had every single issue listed with it on all the topics in this form about it and Moore. About a month ago I sent the headstock into Grizzly Tools repair multiple issues including the Mistry spacer set screws kept coming loose possible bad bearing run out terrible run out rethreading of the spindle on both sides with and will is and the headstock and so they replace the spindle with a new design which according to them was going to have threads all the way back to the shoulder. And fatter threads I just received yesterday after a month and some of the smaller issues like the Mistry spacer in the terrible sound from that in the set screws were correct it as well as the run out and they said they replaced both bearings in the spindle with the new updated spindle rod. Now the threads on the new rod are a little bit wider little bit shorter and it's angled in the front machined much better than the first one however the still only 6 1/2 threads and so my one-way Chuck my grizzly Chuck my barracuda to Chuck and my nova G2 Chuck will not screw all the way onto the shoulder and never have the only thing that does is the faceplate that came with the lace currently The runout has been fixed but as soon as I put a piece of wood on the leas I made a couple of passes and is this horrible clicking sound so I took the belt off to verify if it was coming from the top of the headstock on the bottom and of course while and turning the spindle the clicking is coming from inside the casting so obviously it's both or one of two of the bearings which were just replaced I haven't even been able to really use this tool in my opinion if you spend 500-1700 or 8000 a tool should work. I am so frustrated with this lays someone please help because obviously grizzly can't ! Mine was manufactured April 2015, One question I'd really like answered is when you replace the bearings do you have to remove the snap ring first on the inside or does the Bering just pull straight out ?
    Last edited by Tommy Brennan; 02-11-2016 at 9:28 AM.