I have a fully assembled hutch project that I'm finishing up for my wife. The thing is, last weekend I decided that I would install dimmable LED strip lights into the upper section (3 places - under the top and then under each of two shelves).

Of course, now I need to fish wires from the top section to the middle section to the lower section of the hutch top and that's a problem because i dont want these wires to stick out like a sore thumb.

I figure that I need to get a couple of 3/16" dia holes to fish the wires through but I don't want to see them so they need to go into the front corners behind the face frame so they won't be visible. I'd like to get them as close to the actual corner as possible. If I use my Makita drill for example, the holes will be inset from the corner due to the size of the tool. I'm thinking now the best way is to drill at an angle from both top and bottom so they meet in the corner and then take a small round taper file to clean up the transition so I can fish the wires through.

The shelf thickness is 3/4". The material is pine. The face frame overlay is about 1 1/4". The shelves are spaced ~ 12" apart.

Any other ideas for me?