Hi. New to woodworking; have some experience using tools. I do not have a bandsaw and don't find either of the following worth pursuing right now:
- buying an inexpensive band saw which I will soon find inadequate, or
- buying an expensive band saw.

For the time being, I'd like to be able to resaw hardwood (mostly 4/4, but including 3/4 to 12/4, some of it exotic and hard) by hand. I have had some success resawing with the "Classic 700" bow saw fit with the 32mm Turbo-Cut Japanese-style blade (sold widely — I got mine from Highland Woodworking). I _think_ a taller blade would track better, and that any loss in efficiency due to drag on the blade faces would be more than offset by tracking well and therefore removing less wood. Imho, the Turbo-Cut blade works well. (I started with and continue to use Japanese-style saws.) There is a 550mm Turbo-Cut blade available that is 45mm tall. Since I can't find a suitable saw that holds this blade (it is made for a miter saw), I am considering either making one (I have made a 12" Turning Bow Saw from the Gramercy kit that Tools for Working Wood sells), or purchasing another "Classic" bow saw and making a stretcher for it that would allow the 550mm blade to be tensioned and used.

As a beginner, there _are_ reasons to re-invent the wheel — nonetheless, I'd like to roll on a smooth path and avoid unnecessary roots and rocks. Any suggestions?

Some additional notes and questions:
- I know that at 550mm (toothline c. 500mm, 18") I won't be resawing anything over 10"wide, if even that.
- I am very much interested in the figure in individual boards. The width limit of c. 10" is not, at present, a hinderance.
- Does anyone have a source for the hardware that fits these Turbo-Cut blades (blade holders, handles)?
- I am not wedded to the Turbo-Cut blades, but since I have never sharpened a saw they provide a utility that is valuable to me.
- I think at this size a bow saw performs as well as a frame saw (afaict, bow saws have one stretcher in compression; frame saws have two).
- Would I get similar or better results with a large back saw, such as the 16" one Bad Axe sells (or even just a large regular Western-style saw)?
- I am a member of Shannon Roger's Hand Tool School. One of the future projects is making a large frame saw for resawing.

Thank you.