Lately I've been seeing an increase of spam and emails with viruses in attached files.
Some of the subject or content is worded as if there was a prior conversation between myself and the sender, and it requests I click on the attached file (which of course I never do).

Or it mentions my recent purchase, and to click the attached file for invoice details. (There was no purchase).

Today I received two that were requests for pricing. The sentence structure and grammar is the red flag, and investigating the IP of the sender verified it was bogus. Here is the content of the 2nd one:

Dear Customer,

This is Mr Larry Wood i send this inquiry to your company in regards to order some ( Tent Signs ) and i will be more happy if you can email me with the size and Prices that you have for sale as well...Please let me know if you do accept credit card as a form of payment, and that will be pick up at your location..Hope to read back from you soon.

With kind regards
Mr Larry Wood

Rather than just delete them, I decided to look at the email header info to see where they were really coming from - which is never where it looks like it came from if you only look at the return address or sender address.
I have found them originating from Iraq, Kazakhstan, and Ghana.

The program I use which analyzes the email header info is called IPNetInfo. It's free, and works very fast. You can download it online.
To use it you would need to know how to look at and copy email header info. In Microsoft Outlook, it's pretty easy. Right click the email, select "options", and at the bottom section of the window that opens you will have the header info. You can either paste all of it into IPNetInfo or you can look for the last IP listed - which will actually be the first one appearing because of the order in which they are displayed.

After you find out the origin of the email you can chose to complain to the "abuse@(host site)" for that IP address or just delete it.