Well first let me say I’ve had a 5hp ICS for several years now and the few experiences when I did call CS it was a top notch experience.

Now for this experience. My son is in the military. He is a bomb tech with the EOD group at Ft. Stewart GA. He is 26 and in the past year took an interest in woodworking. I decided for his birthday I would get him a TS.

He lives in base housing with his wife, and size/voltage would be key. I decided to buy him the jobsite sawstop for him. The safety and past experience drove that decision.

I ordered it online form acme tool and had it shipped to him. It tood 4 days to get to him and he was exstatic. I told him to carefully look at the box and if damaged do not accept.
it was not damaged, however when he removed it from the box a plastic tab fell out. He later deterined it was part of the built in tool box. He also noticed that the fence was a couple thou out and I told him he could adjust that. Now for some problems. The table is not flat, nor the blade square to the miter slots. While the square to miter slot can be fixed, the table flatness that in one area is low and another area high.

I thought no big deal, and told him to call sawstop and they will make it right. Well he got the run around. Was told that “its a job site diy saw” and 10 thou is tolerennce. My son said well he understands that but expects that when you cut from the right side of the blade you get a square cut and when you cut on the left side of the blade you get the same plumb cut. (perpendicular blade to table) it does not.

He called me and I said call back ask to speak to supervisor its over 30 thou out and they should fix it. He called back did as i said and spoke to a lady and she would follow up.
He gets a call back from the same dude and basically starts the call with just send it back.

I’m ticked because Its going to cost me a lot to ship it back, and I’m probable going to get hit with a restock fee on top of it.

My son was apologizing, I’m pissed because its ruined a great birthday and I’m surprised at the response. He’s a Soldier serving his country and this is the last thing he needs. So its going back next week and I’ll have to come up with a diff present. Probably will end up being a couple hundred $$ learning experience.

Anyway, I’m going to deal with it on Monday, but what a cluster.