I have started having an issue out of the blue with our Trotec Speedy 300. During startup, the X axis fuse blows while the machine attempts to home itself. No changes have been made to the machine since it was last used and was working fine. I hesitate using the help desk because I am capable of troubleshooting most problems and I am not interested in the standard "replace the board" answer. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem and found a simple solution. A visual inspection shows no sign of damage and I am about to go in-depth with a meter and oscope to try and find a faulty part.

A little back story:

We are a military organization and were able to procure this machine at no cost because it was deemed not repairable. Needless to say that 3 fuses and a firmware update was all that was required to get it operational. After a thorough cleaning and alignment, it ran perfect. I was originally unable to update the firmware and the "Help Desk" stated it needed a new processor card because it was so old (2006). I utilized the original JobControl program to connect and update the 6.1.1 firmware to the newest and was able to use JC X without issue. I say this just in case anyone else has the same problems.

I have no funding to repair the machine so I am relying on good old-fashioned troubleshooting to find the problem. Unlike the radars and radios I work on daily, this thing isn't designed for repair so I have my work cut out for me!