Gallery is the Wood Merchant in La Conner, WA. La Conner is a small tourist town on the water 75 miles north of Seattle. The gallery has been there for quite awhile I'm aware of and is well stocked (website say they always maintain 100 turned salad bowls in stock). It doesn't appear local artists are the main suppliers of goods and for sure not a consignment shop since inventory was from around the country. With a few exceptions all items can be handled without supervision, (unlike most galleries dealing in relatively expensive goods).

Some observations.....

Turned lidded boxes..there was only one I saw with a fitted lid and it was small diameter with a small opening and a loose fitting lid. There were a couple hinged lidded boxes where fit is not an issue. My conclusion is the owners have decided fitted lids are too much of a problem.

Hollowed forms...maybe half a dozen. My only previous touching of one was a soccer ball sized form at an AAW symposium that was surprisingly light with its thin walls (so light a stiff breeze might blow it off the mantel). The gallery's were not light, it was as if they were either solid or weighted after turning. Maybe they were hollowed to prevent cracking then weighted for stability. All of them had glass test tubes inside to hold dry or wet flower arrangements. Seems like a good idea to have the glass insert to make the item useful rather than only a demonstration of the turner's ability to do thin walls.

Segmented vessels.. all from the same person in Ohio (maybe a business specializing in segmenting?). $750+ in pricing. These were items I really wanted to touch to verify if the glue joints became apparent to feel over time. They did. All were dated 2015, so in the year or so there was enough change in dimension to be noticed, but not enough to justify re-sanding and it didn't detract from appearance.

Salad bowls... as I said they claim over 100 in stock. Mostly by Dale Larson, makes you wonder if he does them all himself. Another gallery in Seattle has quite an inventory of his bowls also. How can one person do that many bowls and I'm only talking about two galleries in the Seattle area? The shop owner asked me if I was a woodturner when he saw me feeling the bowl contours for any waviness, there wasn't any, all perfect smooth contours.

Anyway, nice place to be able to actually handle and examine quality turnings.