In between running honey-do's, and making multiple runs to the hardware store, I am making slow progress in installing my distribution lines for my air compressor. I also have a large hole in the ceiling of my radio room which some Dumb ***(ME!) made by stepping through an open place in the attic floor My lesson payment is a skinned shin, an ongoing reminder of what not to do

So, finally the question. I have elected to run 1/2" drawn copper for all my piping. (The outlet from the compressor is 1/2".) I am now looking at Quick Disconnect fittings for air hose connections. So I stopped at the orange borg and looked at their connectors. What I find is that, even-though there are connectors for 3/8" hose( called automotive connectors, why I don't know,) they still have 1/4" NPT connections to the supply lines. This seems rather dumb to me. If I run 1/2" supply lines, why throttle the air flow down by passing it through a 1/4" orifice? The borg connectors cost under $3 each.

If I go to the McMaster & Carr catalog, I can find pages and pages of Quick Disconnect fittings. There seems to be 4 types which represent different cross-section profiles. The most common seems to be the "Industrial" connector. BUT, to get a fitting which has a 3/8" pipe fitting end, I am looking at $8-10 each : ( I am planning on using 3/8" hose everywhere.)

So, what do you fine people do for your hose connections