So I have the opportunity to buy a used Hegnar MULTI MAX-18 scroll saw in very good condition for an extremely good price. Don't know how much scrolling I will be doing but it is really cheap. I am also considering a Rockwell/Delta shaper model #43-340 that comes with about 30 cutters for less than $400. However, I believe it is 3 phase and I will need a VFD. To note, I do not currently have a great router set up, I am using a bosch router table without a lift and a hitachi m12vc. I also have the dewalt dwp611 for my smaller projects. I am new to woodworking and just getting my shop up, should be finished hopefully by next week (has been a year long project). I really want to do a lot of veneer work.

Should I save the money on the shaper and put it into a better router table set up or buy the shaper? Should I buy the scroll saw without knowing how much I will use it?

Side note: I was also luck enough to pick up a Kuper veneer stitcher for EXTREMELY CHEAP at an auction, no one knew what it was and a University was getting rid of it .