Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Fleming View Post
Hi, I made a longwinded explanation of how it works, how to wire it, and apparently hit the wrong button because it isn't here. ...
Yikes, that's frustrating. I've had SMC mysteriously forget message text I've spent a lot of time on, especially if I switch briefly to another tab in the browser or use another application. For protection, I've learned to hit Ctl-A/Ctl-C to quickly select and copy the text to the Clipboard before doing ANYTHING else or clicking on any buttons, even the Post or Preview buttons. If I use another tab to find a link or text to copy and paste in a message it would overwrite what I have in the Clipboard so I open Notepad, paste the message so far there, then get my link. That way if the message disappears I have a copy at hand.

BTW, the dumbest mistake I've made (dumb because I've done it twice) is compose a message then for some reason click the "+Reply to Thread" button instead of the Post. Sometimes "back" doesn't. The second dumbest thing I've done to make a message disappear is do a preview then get distracted and forget to actually post it. :-( Later I wonder, where is that message!

JKJ