I hate to write about this experience, but I have to, cuz I know how important good customer support is to all of us who purchase machines with our hard-earned Money. Let me first say that the CS person that I've been dealing with has been kind, courteous and I'm sure, has gone out of his way to do his darnedest to help me, but I just don't think Laguna is set up to support it's customers, after the sale. I know back a while, there was plenty of talk about how poor their CS had been and I really thought that a lot of that had changed over the years, which is one of big reasons I pulled the trigger on one of their 2HP dust collectors, about a year ago.
Recently, I've been having trouble with breakers tripping on start up of the DC, so I gave Laguna a call and right away, the tech new that I needed a new start and run capacitors and that this happens often enough. I was a little surprised that he was going to charge me for them, but I was desperate and he had me over a barrel, so I said OK. He had my model # and SN, so I figured he knew what I needed.
Well, when I received the caps, they were the wrong ones, as they wouldn't fit in the little black box on the motor. I called the tech and he seemed puzzled. He asked me to send pics of the caps I had, so I did. After a back and forth, he said no one there really knew what caps I needed or knew where to get them and that he'd have to contact the home office and get some info. About a week later, he contacted me and told me that he finally found out which caps I needed, but didn't know where to get them, so he'd have to find that out. So now it's been about a month since my initial call and I still don't have the caps. I've been told that the run will be on it's way, but he doesn't know where the start cap is or when he'll be sending it.
Ya know...I'm 63 years old and have purchased a lot of machines. I've called both large and small manufacturers for support so I kinda know what I should expect. Given a model # and serial number of a machine, wouldn't you expect that Laguna should at least know what parts that machine takes and where they can get those parts? I mean, shouldn't someone there know, especially since I'm not the first person to call about this issue on this model machine? Foreign manufacturer or not, shouldn't they at least have parts lists of the machines they sell?
I don't know...maybe I'm expecting too much, but I really can't put the blame on manufacturing being done over seas. Just about all machines these days are made overseas and I've not had this happen before.
Just thought you folks should know...