I recently did a tour of a few local Austin shops. Typically, what I see in shops is a bunch of either older American iron or your typical Chaiwanese assortment of table saws, jointers, planers, etc. I'll post pics from our shop at some point but I thought folks might enjoy seeing some Euro machines in their natural habitat. Here is an early 90's Minimax SC3. Great saw, highly underrated IMO. Many, many of these in shops across the country.

These two images are significant in that they represent what you actually see when you go into shops:

-A hodge-podge of DIY fasteners and fabbed parts
-Safety equipment such as riving knives and guards missing or never used

I'm pretty sure that bolt ^^^ is from a Toyota car or truck.

^^^ DIY splinter tongue and that locking knob for the flip stop looks very McMaster-Carr-ey.

Older SCMi Si150 short-stroke slider. Built like a tank. Again, riving knife and sawblade guard nowhere to be found. Surprisingly, both flip stops present. Usually, it's only one or none. This shop does exclusively solid wood and actually did most of the ripping on a Sawstop (not pictured). They told me they used the slider for PT lumber, since it would trip the sawstop.

Well hey there, gorgeous! Ten years old and still running like a champ....

Apparently, he's not the only MM16 owner who didn't like the OEM plastic throatplate...

For the record, it's about a 20-cent nut and bolt but, hey...

Not a euro machine but gets in the door on sexiness alone...

Different shop, I blurred his face. At least he is wearing ear protection.