I have had a Skil 1823 plunge router for several years. A few years ago, I built a very basic router table for it from a piece of formica laminated plywood counter top. I made a plate from 1/4" plexiglass to fit the router, and inset it into the table.
I just completed a rough adjustable fence for it.
I want to make a zero clearance insert for my old Craftsman table saw. The plexi router table insert has a 2 1/8" hole to clear the router bits, but no provision for a zero clearance insert for the router. Today, while browsing various forums for pattern routing, I read about using a starting pin. I had never heard of that before, and want to add one to my router table.
So, does anyone have a Skil 1823 router? Have you made zero clearance inserts for it? Know of any after market inserts that will fit this router?
Problem is, Skil no longer has any inserts for this model. My pensions and budget won't allow for a better router/table. I want to come up with a suitable insert I can add either to the plexi insert or the router itself. I will make it if nothing suitable s available. Need ideas...
I am just starting to learn the potential of my router, including pattern routing, making rabbits and dados, box joints, etc.

Chuck