Quote Originally Posted by James Gunning View Post
I realize that in some cases a 4" pipe might be the only size that would fit in a certain application. Many are very reluctant to do any surgery on their machines to enlarge a 4" pickup to a 6". I don't blame them, I didn't want to do that either. I was able to work around that issue in some cases by using manifolds that have multiple pickup hoses that roughly total the 6" size. This post shows how some of my machines were adapted: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...pipe&highlight=
Thank you for this! I just bought 70' of the 6" thinwall sewer pipe yesterday and have been racking my brain on how in the world I was going to adapt a 6" pipe to my bandsaw and planer without reducing to 4".

This also has me thinking I don't need to enlarge the 4" port on my table saw after all since I also have an overarm dust hood that is connected at the same time. The overarm dust guard takes a 4" hose, but reduces to 3" at the blade. Would increasing the port on the saw itself to 6" be overkill, or would it still be worth it based on the "more airflow=more better" formula? Running a 2HP cyclone venting directly outside and the TS is pretty much a straight run from the cyclone about 20' away.