Thread: How to best sell used equipment?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How to best sell used equipment?

This is NOT a For Sale post. I need some advice. From those of you with some experience in this sort of thing. how do you go about selling used equipment?

I recently upgraded to an 8" long-bed jointer. Listed my used 6" jointer on Craigslist. My listing stated this was a cash only deal. Yesterday, I removed my listing from Craigslist. Just too much of a pain.

The first response to my ad was the typical "I would LOVE to buy this. Please remove ad from Craigslist. I will send cashier's check and add $50 for you to remove the ad from Craigslist." I didn't reply. Obvious scam.

The second response was, "I would love to buy this. Can only send check but will not pick up until check clears." Again, I didn't reply. Obviously, if one could send a check, one could go to the bank and get the cash.

Among other things, the most obvious RED FLAG is that the FIRST response from anyone who might be interested in my jointer would be that they would like to come take a look at it, not, "I would LOVE to buy this".

So... What's the best way to sell larger equipment? Craigslist ain't for me. Thanks.

Royce
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-09-2017 at 8:06 PM.
    If fishing is a sport I MUST be an athlete!"