Looking at getting some acrylic sheets from Home depot this weekend so I can fab up a meter box for my china 50.

I have never done acrylic. So I don't have a clue for a starting point. Anyone have suggestions on where to start for power/speed to produce clean cuts? I will worry about figuring out engraving later. Right now, I just need a box to mount the mA meter in.

Also, anyone know a local store to acquire the welding cement for gluing the panels together that might be here in Milwaukee? Would like to run in and buy a can rather than ordering online and waiting. Even just a small tube to get this project done would be sufficient. I can worry about a larger supply via online later. Home Depot, though they sell acrylic sheets, don't seem to have a clue about acrylic glue (cement, chemical welding).

As a side note, can you actually gut polycarbonate? My SIL gave me some end-cuts from where he used to work. All it does is make fire and smoke. Very little penetration. The protective sheet says Tuffak. I think its about 1/4" thick and was used for windows on food processing equipment. Stuff is tough as nails. Is this stuff beyond my laser's ability?