Thread: Cnc Cutting MDF - Very mess product to use.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cnc Cutting MDF - Very mess product to use.

Hello Everyone,

We received a contract a few weeks ago to make small MDF parts (3/8" Thick) We have to make a ton of them over 10k. The problem is MDF is so messy - it has ended up everywhere, around our machines to pallet racking and on products. We upgraded our dust collector, added a dust filter to the area and we are still getting dust. Is this stuff just crappy to work with ?? Ive used it a few years ago and told my self to never use it again but the money was right for this job.
    Any suggest from someone who has used this in a production shop would be great. Not sure if this is just how it is when working with this materiel. I like the pricing ($10 per sheet) just dont like the dust and mess it makes. We cant see any dust from the machines but when we come in the mornings after cleaning up at the end of the previous day its all over. I normally dont require everyone to wear face mask but with stuff I think its a good idea.

We normally only work with plywood and acrylic and its fine - little to no dust or mess.
    Last edited by Robert Bonenfant; 04-27-2017 at 5:48 PM.
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC