Thread: "Masculine"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Masculine"

"Masculine"

This is the hollow form I have been working on.......first one I have done in about two years, so I am a bit rusty, but it looks really good in person.

Well, at first I was going to name this one "Broad Shoulders" for two reasons. First I made it to have broad masculine shoulders to symbolize the hard work, faithfulness and character of the men and women who work hard every day and do the right things to take care of their family and make our society better. As the family structure is the backbone of a free society, faithful men and women who do the right things make our society better....I applaud them all! 7.50" wide and 13.25" tall.

When I took this off the lathe, I then saw the "unique" markings that the ambrosia beetles had done on this piece of wood, so I thought that "Masculine" was an appropriate name.

DSC_0743.jpg Here is a second view.........the uh, markings are more evident on this side... DSC_0745.jpg

Sorry about the less than stellar gradient background.......it has been in storage and it has some smudges, marks, etc that made the pic look bad, so I put a couple of paper towels underneath the form to cover those bad areas of the gradient background........I have a new one on order as I write this. By the way, I was not sure up front if I was going to have a finial on this, so I left a collar around the opening, but when I got it mostly done, I had one of those "I wonder" moments, and knocked one out........not sure if it will be displayed with or without the finial.
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 05-01-2017 at 7:00 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!