A number of years ago I started building plywood cabinets for my workshop. I needed to get my turning tools stored, and all of the bits and pieces. In addition I needed to get the various tools that just seem to fill a workshop when you have home repairs to do etc...

So I built a bunch. I bought 10 sheets of a pine plywood from a company called Arauco from the local home depot. It was almost entirely great. Seriously out of 10 sheets one warped but when cut down most of that warping disappeared. My cabinets from then are still straight and usable.

However I made some more this last winter both for myself and for my wife on her side of the Shop... I mean garage.

However this time what I got from HD was made in China not Chile and is... well... complete junk. Every single sheet warped like mad. I cut them down the day I bought them and I they were flat then in small cabinet sides. Then when I went the second stage of processing the next day I had as much as a 4" bowing along a 30" length. I tried to use them anyway and they were useless to bend or straighten and glue. I put 2 sides together with the bend in the middle in and tried to glue, clamp and screw them together. That "almost worked". But that kind of thing isn't what I want to do again.

So I am trying to figure out what to do next? I need to build another pile of these cabinets so I need some source material that is usable.

I called the local McBeaths and BB plywood runs in range from ~$60 - ~90 depends on baltic versus Chinese etc...

The pine at the Borgs is about $34 locally.

I would love to stay with pine for price but it has to be useable.

Does anyone, local to me or remote, have and suggestions on where to buy materials or what to buy etc... Honestly at twice the price, minimum, I would have to rethink the scope of this next round of cabinets.

Thanks,
Joshua