Ok so I finally got around to getting my Clearvue Max mostly setup. I have about half the duct work to finish up and to finish the door and return vent for the soundproofing closet. I fired it up tonight to make sure my control panel and remote was working fine. I have about 25' of 8" PVC hooked up to it right now with few 45s to make it up to the ceiling. I also have a 0-5" Magnahelic gauge hooked to a Dwyer a-302 static pressure tip installed after the fan but before the wynn filters. When I started it up I noticed the gauge went slightly negative so I figured I hooked up the wrong port on the gauge. I then disconnected the tube from the tip and blew into the hose lightly and it went positive. So I have it hooked up to the correct/high port on the gauge. I checked and have the side high and low ports blocked left the low port disconnected on the back of the gauge. As I said this is a brand new install with never before used filters. Is it possible that the air is blowing by so fast it is creating a slight vacuum on the pressure tip?
image1.jpg